Captains Seats

Hiya everyone, i`m looking for some concrete information as so far all im getting is conflicting stuff.

Can anybody tell me 100% if captains seats are fitted as standard on any galaxy models??

I was told that only GHIA models had them, I drive a works car 04 plate ghia and it does have them.

But somebody else told me that they were an optional extra when new...... ANY HELP REALLY APPRIECIATED.

Also if they were fitted as standard on certain models, does anybody know which models if any.

Would anybody also know for certain if the VW SHARAN range or seat alhambra range had any models fitted with the seats as standard.

I want to use one of the models with all the seats out most of the time, for camping, festivals and gigs etc so the captains seats would be a real bonus.

thanks in advance for any help on the subject.

• 1 month later...

My MK1 2000Ghia 1.9tdi 110bhp auto has them it's a 6 seater all seats have arm rests

Sharan Carat (equivalent to Ghia) had them as an option, at least in MK1 form.

My Mk1 Seat Alhambra has all the floor mountings fitted for both 6 and 7 seat variants.

Edited by seatkid

my old 03 ghia had them in the front,and like seatkid the mounts were already in the floor for 6 or 7 seat variation.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My old MKII ghia has them but it's a 6 seater. It is not possible to fit them in row 2 unless it is a 6 seater. Mine also has only lugs for 6 seats so it looks like a factory new fit only. My old MKI GLX had lugs for 6 and 7 seats. I guess it is a from new option only. 

It's a pity they can't be made to fit in the MKIII. I might feel like using the damned thing then. :angry2:  :angry2:  :angry2:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Whilst I was looking to buy my first Galaxy Ghia, I found that some cars had swivel seats and some did not.  They were all 2002 to 2005 models I was looking at.  I'm informed too, that if there are DVD screens in the headrests, there will not be swivelling seats.

I would conclude that it was an option when the cars were new.

That said, in the next couple of days, I'm going to try to swap the swivel mechanism from a friend's seats to my seats that have the DVD screens.  I'll test them and report back.

Does anyone know how to remove the back recline knob on the front seats of a MKll Galaxy?

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I GOT VR6 GHIA WITH CAP SEATS AND SURE THAT CAP SEATS ARE OPTIONAL! IF YOU NEED CAP SEATS TRY LOOKING IN A SCRAP YARD! THE ONE NEAR ME IS FULL OF GALAXYS!