Galaxy Mk2 - Distance To Empty Feature.

Following on from this thread: Trip Computer I thought it would be best to generate a new topic for cable rental.

So this is to enable the distance to empty feature on the Mk2 Galaxy:

post-8971-035283500 1302081239_thumb.jpg

Total cost will be

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I am interested in enabling this feature on my 2005 MkII TDI (130) Galaxy Ghia. Do you know if this lead would work with this dash? I notice ebay listings such as this one ebay link seem to say work with VDO dashes up to 2004. Did something change at this point?

Am I correct in assuming that this plugs into the OBD connector?

Thanks

Richard

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Yes, it should do all Mk2 models with the VDO cluster (which is basically all of them with the exception of a few very early Y plate ones)

The cable is currently AWOL and without communication so not available for rent - I may replace it and start this up again or you could try 2828david above and see if his is available.

Yes, it should do all Mk2 models with the VDO cluster (which is basically all of them with the exception of a few very early Y plate ones)

The cable is currently AWOL and without communication so not available for rent - I may replace it and start this up again or you could try 2828david above and see if his is available.

do you not have the address of the person who last had it mirez?

not good if a fellow forum member has decided to keep it.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have the vag software available. The link from the file doesn't seem to be working.

http://www.vagproduc...VAGTACHO22v.rar

Attached, but you'll need to rename it back from .txt to .rar once downloaded as you can't upload rar files to this forum.

The PDF in the forum link is old btw, the up-to-date version is here:

DTE Feature PDF link

vagtacho22v.txt

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Hi mirez, is this cable still available?

If its just the cable your after they can be found on ebay fairly cheaply - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAG-TACHO-3-01-Opel-Immo-USB-COM-install-guide-provided-quality-cable-/301212888508 for example, several others on there as well.

I've got one which I used to replace the cluster on a golf - The cable there is needed as the cluster is linked to the immobiliser and prevents starting the car unless its coded to match.

Given the dates on the original posts i'd suspect things have moved on somewhat.

It's cable and software im after to activate miles left in tank etc.

I think you want VAG tacho for that - Which is with that cable posted above.

Thats what I've used on that golf to get the cluster coded. I'd have a look for the instructions for what you want to do though first to check if VAG-Tacho is the right software for it.

• 7 months later...