Any Suggestions For The Technical Section Faqs

Please post any links to threads in here.

Please do not post the actual thread here - just a link to it.

The post/thread itself should be placed in the relevant section

Thank you

No other posts please.

smile.gif

Edited by NikpV

• 5 years later...

Mods please delete/move if I've posted this in the wrong place, but a selfish suggestion - be interested to hear what others think - would it be useful if we tried to build up a bit of a library of VCDS logs/graphs for known good/bad engines?

Any feedback gratefully received....

Alan

good idea,hopefully nik will see this sooner ather then later.

yes start posting them and put links here and I will try and make some sense by moving the posts to one thread ... over to you ....

• 1 month later...

One frustration I have is of the (seemingly) so many wiring variants between Alhambra, Sharan and Galaxy. Even VW cannot tell me which relays I should have on my fuse / relay / wiring ditribution board! The Haynes manual seems to refer to Mk 2 wiring, but the wiring on those diagrams does not marry up with my vehicle (a Mk 1 Sharan). Although mine was 'previously cherished' before I got it, I suspect that (for whatever reason) some relays are missing from the distribution board, and pictures from members of such items, with the vehicle make, version number and a relay and fuse identifier legend would be absolutely invaluable.

• 9 months later...

Found this very useful website, not sure if it's best in the FAQ section or External links:

http://ford.workshop-manuals.com/Galaxy_2000.75_04.2000-02.2006/index.php?id=2

That takes you to the "menu" (see left hand side), which can be navigated to the relevant section. I found it helpful after trying to find directions for removing the RH Loadspace trim.

• 2 weeks later...

It would be great if there were a SOLVED button TAG function for forum threads, where the original question/post has been successfully resolved. And then some search filter to list list those..

..likewise there appear too often be posts where it is not clear at all if problems were resolved or not.

Reading through these can be very enlightening at times, but also a royal pain at others. Makes one you want to shout the screen:

Well DID you fix it, and if so HOW?

This forum is great and has high signal to noise ratio.Kudos everyone.

And of course once the problem has been solved, or forgotten, most people need to get on with their lives, crisis behind them.

This phenomemon is widespread as you probably all know. Am sure I am guilty myself of neglecting  to return with a final lucid post on others forums.

Am wondering about some netiquette. Maybe after some amount of time, an email could be sent auto to original poster, asking:

Did You resolve this [insert link here] ~ please let the forum know?

That email could include an html link to click on, thereby TAG the thread as either:

SOLVED

= ONGOING or

= FORGOTTEN/ABANDONNED

Idea is not to play nanny state, or nag members in any. Just to find a better way to help generate some sort of plublicly closure where possible

any thoughts?

Edited by jasonic

some very good points there jason,

perhaps a email to admin(gteuk) glenn.

not the other admin because she has disappeared off the forum for yonks.

as mods we have limited access to the settings of the forum.

regards greg

• 5 months later...

It's a "How to" on removing parking sensors :D

When I was looking to find out how, there were many folks asking how to do it but I couldn't find anyone who had answered, so here is the answer to this common problem

• 3 years later...

This is a link to a more general set of problems but the important bit is the loss of gears. The whole topic is 4 posts but it is the last which contains the useful information.

http://www.fordgalaxy.org.uk/ford/index.php?/topic/27396-garages-just-dont-understand-galaxys/