Sticking Heating

Guest Woz45

I have an S reg Mondeo and the temperature on the heating does not respond very quickly to the movement of the dial knob. Sometimes it takes 5 minutes to go from hot to cold and vice versa. Recently it was stuck on cold for a couple of days but eventually the heat kicked in. I have checked the coolant level and it's fine. The temperature dial doesn't seem to physically move any flap that might shut off or open up a heat valve and I suspect this is done electronically.

Any ideas what could be wrong? I havent't got a workshop manual but I dont think it would show how to get to the heating system anyway.

I have got someone looking at it who thinks it may be a controller unit under the dash. This Auto Electrician has never seen a system like it before. He has disconnected the controller and bypassed it for the time being which will provide some warmth until the part is available at Ford. When this is fitted i will le tyou know if it works. Ford want

• 6 years later...

I have got someone looking at it who thinks it may be a controller unit under the dash. This Auto Electrician has never seen a system like it before. He has disconnected the controller and bypassed it for the time being which will provide some warmth until the part is available at Ford. When this is fitted i will le tyou know if it works. Ford want