Auto Stalling

Hi all,

new to owning a galaxy, bought it two weeks ago and been driving short distances most of the time

It's started to gain two major problems

Every now and then it doesn't want to start it turns over but won't fire up till about the 3-5 try

And last weekend drove about most of the day drove up a hill and it stalled and wouldn't Fire up again, so I left it at the side of the road luckily I was 5 min walk from my house, went back up to it around 4 hours later and had the same problem just turning over, finally got it to start drove a few yards and it stalled again so I waited a bit tried again got it to start and finally got it parked up.

Shame as it seemed a nice car to drive

It's a 05 Galaxy diesel auto 1.9

Anyone had the same problems?

A good place to start is replace relay 109 in the third layer of the fuse box, this is the power supply to engine ECU and injectors, these relays do suffer from poor solder joints and can cause poor running and starting issues

Use the instructions below to access the relays

http://www.fordgalaxy.org.uk/ford/index.php?/topic/8810-relay-30-replacement/&do=findComment&comment=68423

Thank you both will start with them two. I did pop out earlier to get a new fuel filter any chance it could be this?

I suppose it's worth changing anyway as not sure when it was done last.

Edited by Reece

Sorry to bump into this , would the egr cause limp mode , as my auto constantly does this

If its really going into limp mode then checking for fault codes is where you need to start - if its a diesel use vcds to have a look (will also talk to the auto box if that helps). Petrol will need an obd code reader.

Once you know what fault code is coming up have a look on here for it, post back if no luck.

reece, sorry to ask the obvious question, but can't you just take it back to the dealer and get them to fix it.?