A Phishing Message

Well AV scan clear.

Think about your password people.

Logging in from link in email, who ever could have your user and password. User not a problem, But if they have your password can get to any personal details held on site, Plus make false posts under your name. all sorts of things.

Always use your book mark to get to site.

member is deleted. As i dont have access to PMs sent, i cannot delete all the pms he sent.

The forum is as secure as any forum can be. There are spammers getting through on a few of the other forums i am a member of so we are not unique on here.

Sorry about all the bother folks.

Maz

member is deleted. As i dont have access to PMs sent, i cannot delete all the pms he sent.

The forum is as secure as any forum can be. There are spammers getting through on a few of the other forums i am a member of so we are not unique on here.

Sorry about all the bother folks.

Maz

Thanks for the swift action mum

Edited by wibble

Yeah we've been getting a few spammers on another forum I'm on. Though they're usually deleted within 10mins as there is always a mod on scene lol

What about enforcing a minimum of 10 posts before a member can PM others? That stopped PM spam from these idjiots, now there is just post spam (usually nekkid woman so we don't complain too much :D )

Oh it's on another forum, must be the same spammers as the post makes no sense but either has links to said nekkidness or is a NSFW post :) Not that my boss would care, he'd ask for the pics if he saw them :D

I have had the same thing via PM. Antivir is a virus type thing as my computer was hit with it last week. It is very clever and tries to mimic windows security. It even has a windows type emblem in the top right hand corner. If you click 'fix' or any other similar button it will infect your computer and is very difficult to remove as it shuts down your internet and computer security. Be warned!