Mids Meet 4th November

Guest HairyPlateEater

Guest HairyPlateEater

...so is anyone staying on a camp?

MJR

Hi Matt ...completely missed this ... be nice to meet you both!

I'm not staying over as it's only about 30 min drive from my house, but this site is meant to be quite good and close to the Safari Park in Bewdley. Lickhill Manor

If you dont like the sound of it, let me know and I'll source some more for you. Local knowledge is usually invaluable :o

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, its all booked.

So what have you got planned for the day?

What do you think of us all meeting, and going a restaurant before hand? (Although that

Guest HairyPlateEater

There are activities at th park until the fireworks start ..... they have a big theme park there, plus indoor animal type things ...(bat cave, reptile encounters, sea lion enclosure etc) and places for booze I think if you so wish ;)

Failing that ..... we can look admiringly at each others Galaxies for a couple of hours I'm sure lol

Guest HairyPlateEater

Right .... just to recap. (at the annoying request of our favourite moderator lmao)

The Harbour Inn is the place of the initial meet for those of you that can make it. Meeting time is 12:00-13:00 hrs on 4th November 2006

West Midlands Safari Park is the destination for about 14:00 hrs when the gates open. Tickets can still be purchased in advance on the website for

Guest MATT jr

"Failing that ..... we can look admiringly at each others Galaxies for a couple of hours I'm sure "

LOL!

theres a fair few of us going then!

MJR

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HairyPlateEater

Nice one Chris .... be nice to see you and your pack there lol

For any newer members, there are still tickets available for this from West Midlands Safari Park and all are welcome to join in. All details are on the safari park website on the Bonfire Bonanza page in the Events section and in this thread.

If you need any more details, post here or PM me.

Thanks

Paul

Guest HairyPlateEater

Cool ... see you both on the day then!

The clan and I are heading down that way a week on Sunday so will be checking out The Harbour Inn and will try and post some directions/landmarks to help guide people in.

I know technically I am not part of your gang now but I hope don't mind but I am coming too. :lol:

If you wish to shun me when I am there that's fine. :lol:

I will of course be parking with the rest of the lower class and not up on the hill with the almighty ones.

"theres always one isnt there?"

lol 7 galaxies, and 1 zaffy

cya there, looking forward to it.

MJR

Hey Matt there's no need for that is there. (it's a Picasso not a Zafira, your getting me mixed up with my brother, gregers).

We are also looking forward to it.

Guest HairyPlateEater

Excellent Greg .... and don't worry, we'll let you park with us! It'll make our cars look even better!!! lol

How many of you and yours are coming btw?

Be nice to meet you too!

Thanks HPE.

We will be me and the wife Annie.

Three Kids

Lucy 10

Ellie 6

Evie 5.

post-997-1161385647.jpg

It would be nice to get everyones real names and their kids ages and names so the kids can sort of 'know' who they are going to meet on the day.

I'm gonna feel a right prat sidling up to someone with a Galaxy and asking are you HairyPlateEater or Bleeno.

I got a black eye the last time I did something like that.

Guest HairyPlateEater

Should we all be wearing a red carnation to make identification easier? lol

Greg, will you be meeting up with us at The Harbour Inn first?

Ages of attendees:

Me (Paul) 31, Taurean

Mrs (Toni) 33, Aries

Son (Alex) 10, Pain in the arse

Daughter (Kayleigh) 3, Little Miss Attitude!

Live chat sounds a good idea .... Well done to Matt Jr for voluteering to arrange this! :D

So far then we have....

HairyPlateEater (me) + 3

Mumof4 + 2

Bleeno + 4

StevieG + 3

Anadin + 3

Reaper + 3 (unconfirmed since original post)

Matt & Matt Jr

Greg_68 + 4

So thats 27 confirmed and 4 more possibles! Makes for a good day, just hope the weather holds out!

Edited by HairyPlateEater

Guest MATT jr

All those attending the midlands meet, please be in live chat on the 29th of October, at 6pm, for introductory talks!

If you can not make this time/date,,, suggest a new one.

MJR :angry:

Guest HairyPlateEater

MJR ... what a star, thanks for arranging that! Unfortunatley I'm in work that night and the java applet for the chat is blocked by the firewall :angry:

If we can make it 6pm then I can be there?