Mids Meet 4th November

Guest HairyPlateEater

Guest HairyPlateEater

Thought I'd test the water with this one as it should give enough people time to plan and should be a good family day out.

West Midlands Safari Park hold an annual Bonfire Bonanza, this year on Saturday 4th November. Tickets bought in advance are

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest HairyPlateEater

Thanks for the positive response guys!

How many of us will that be so far then? Just so I can try and wangle some kind of discount.

There will be 4 in my car. (3 paying - 1 under 4)

Think this sounds ideal!!

Just checked out the link to the safari park, think those of us with kids will enjoy this venue!

(Us adults too I suppose! :D )

Did a quick check on the postcode of the safari park and found a travel inn roughly 11 miles away.

Dudley (Kingswinford), thought those of us with a bit of a journey and kids would consider stopping over the night?

I know it adds a few more pounds to the trip, but we'd rather stay instead of a long journey home.

A family room, 2 adults and 2 kiddies is only

Guest HairyPlateEater

Right, so far thats 24 of us (including all kids) so should be a great day and night! Haven't received any reply from WMSP so will give them a ring at some point today and ask about discounts etc.

UPDATE:

Just spoken to them and no further discounts can be had unless we're all tuning up on one coach or minibus. I tried arguing the 7 seater point, but they wouldn't have it lol Because the park isn't opening until 2pm, the ride wristbands are

WMSP_Mids_Meet_4th_Nov.pdf

Just ordered the tickets for 2 adults and 3 kiddies to the Bonfire Extravaganzq at WMSP.....

A thought for a future midlands meeting.... RAF Cosford near Telford/Wolves has a fantastic Aerospace museum....and wait for it......FREE ENTRANCE and good car parking.

Here's the link:

http://www.rafmuseum.org/cosford/index.cfm

Well worth a visit (I take my studes here every week and they all enjoy it) :)

Guest HairyPlateEater

Agree with the RAF Cosford suggestion. Never been myself but meant to be a good day out. Nice and close to me too :)

Will be ordering my tickets tomorrow so will post when have arrived

Guest galaxy99

hi hairy i was going to go but the breadknife just reminded my that here sisters baby is due around then i would of love to of met some more peeps, but i forgot....ouch! there goes another knuckle.

hope you and peeps have a nice time.

looks like i wont be attending any meets for a while :D wont be able to afford it not with looking after 4 kids on my own cash is gonna be very tight

Guest HairyPlateEater

Tickets received this morning ..... See you all there.

I think it might be easier for everyone if we all meet up in either a family pub or McD's nearby first as WMSP won't reserve us any parking spaces together. Be nice to arrive in convoy don't you think?? lol

I'll try and research somethng, but if anyone else has any ideas, feel free to put them forward

Paul

Guest HairyPlateEater

and they have guest rooms...cool...save me driving in the dark if im knackered.lol

what time were you thinking meet up there?i shall prob aim for lunch time to feed the rugrats. :ph34r:

Yeah I'd say between 12 and 1 ... give time for late arrivals before heading off to the park for gates open at 2. That ok with everyone? :P