How Fast Does Your Shoe Box Go?

Guest martinkerr

Guest martinkerr

just had a KA 1.3 as a courtesy car when my galaxy was getting fixed and was surprised that if i switched off the air con the little fu**er did 100mph

How fast does your shoe box go?

i had one as a courtsey car from smc in crayford kent

it to was a 1.3.it was very nippy

did not think it would of been that quick

shame they did not do an auto my wife would of loved one

james

Had a Ka Collection before the 3rd child came along and absolutely loved the car. Handled superbly in town and on the motorway. I remember driving along the M40 and glancing at the speedo at one point and it was reading 90 mph and would have gone faster. Great fun to drive. Having a wheel at each corner really makes them corner well.

Howard

Guest martinkerr

Gal going into garage again this thursday, so looks like im getting a ka for a few more days..... looking forward to parking in the shopping trolly bay again! :angry:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

I currently have a 53 plate 115/Auto/Ghia Galaxy and really like it. My other car however is also a 53 plate Mercedes SMART. People tend to write these things off without a second look until they get into one. I'm 6'6" tall and need lots of room in a car, the SMART has MORE room in the front than the Galaxy (maybe not as wide), it goes better than you would expect for 693cc, is very quiet and romps up to it's 85mph limiter without a struggle. When you add to this

• 5 weeks later...
Guest DervMan

Charlie and I did want a Smart, primarily because of the automatic transmission (her) and mid rear drivetrain (me!).

However, I don't regret getting my hands on the Ka. :huh: We've had some fun with the lad!

As to the maximum speed, the original 1.3 Endura-E models (with 60 PS) have a claimed maximum speed of 96 mph. The newer Duratec models have a claimed maximum speed of 104 mph. On the clock, and without enhancement, they're reputed to reach 110 and 120 indicated. Given that the speedo is inaccurate, this is probably about right. ;)

But they're very puntable!

• 4 years later...

my old ka used to indicate it was doing 120, but if you look at your Sat Nav you will get the real speed and it's alot more accurate, my ka was un-modified and was an Endura-E engine 1.3 and it ran at 100 comfortably and downhill i got 114 out of it one day!