Cruise Control

Guest tomo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
when on cruise cotrol if you used the indicator it switched off . now not working at all now ? :D

I bought my Galaxy from new, 2001 model. The cruise control has never worked. The ford garage (HARTWELL), could not fix it. The service manager was very rude and he said that it is a FORD problem and should take it upo with ford. HARTWELL only a DEALER and sell cars, they are not design authority. Any 6 years on, problem is still not fixed.

I am going to replace car soon, so have given up chasing this issue. FORD have lost another customer after 35 loyal years with ford.

If it was new and under warranty when you complained about the cruise control then the Dealer was obliged to fix it. If they couldn't then it should have been taken to another Dealer to fix.

Was it a diesel or 2.8 petrol? If so, the cruise control is done by the ECU. (VW engines)

If it was a 2.3 petrol then there are no excuses for a Ford Dealer because it is a Ford engine / cruise control system.

Edited by insider