Automatic Transmission Fluid

Guest nutty*nan

Guest nutty*nan

HIYA!! Help!! does anyone know where the reservoir for the automatic transmission is located? I think it needs topping up as the engine plays up in the mornings when its cold and doesn't want to change up a gear for 10 minutes or so. Any suggestions??

It's in the box itself, dunno about the V6 but the diesel needs to be connected up to the Ford WDS system to check the level (or so I'm led to believe).

Regards - JB

Guys, it needs to be connected to check the temp - the level is via the old "if it don't seep out - it ain't full enough" method...

Personally I am gonna have a go at draining and refilling mine asap, as I don't believe any auto trans fluid will last the life of a box..

Mike

Guest Scottie

Doesn't anwer the question "Where do you top it up?"

Surely, you don't have to take it to a garage to top up the transmission fluid.

I would consult my manual but it seems to have grown legs or wings and disappeared.

Thanks in advance!

I'll tell you free of charge, it's Christmas :-

http://www.elcats.ru/imaudivw/VAG041B0.gif

How do I know, right click on the image, look at properties and there it is in glorious Black & White

Obviously being a VR6 owner he's hard up and needs the cash to buy petrol / cam chains / guides etc.

Merry Christmas - JB

..and item number 7 is

a) toothpaste

:rolleyes: liquid sawdust

c) glue

d) something else?

edited by Ivor....so a little b with a closed bracket after it results in a smiley wearing shades; cool!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Scottie

I topped the transmission fluid up today. It is a right performance and would allow at least 2 hours to do the job. The sump guard needs to be removed first. The filler cap has a hinged plastic cover, which is prised open with a screwdriver. Once that is off the filler cap just pulls off.

Next a pipe needs to be pushed into the reservoir and threaded through the engine and out of the top. Stick a funnel in the other end of the pipe and top up the fluid.

Mine took over 1 litre of transmission fluid!! It is fidderly but fairly simple.

I hope my experience helps you with yours. I would like to thank vr6galaxy for posting the image, without that I would have been lost. Cheers mate!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...