More Central Locking

Hi I've got the crazy Central locking issue on mk. II Sharan where it works, or not, on random doors. Will do the door wires check but driving in Spain at the moment and just need to be able to lock all doors manually. I've pulled fuse 19 but the central locking still operates. Can't see any other mention of central locking in manual, fuse box cover etc. Any ideas on how to switch central locking off without leaving battery disconnected?

You might want to have a look on the info on the other forum - sadly this one has a few issues, and isn't visited much anymore.

https://www.fordmpv.com/smf2/ford-galaxy-common-faults-and-problems/ford-galaxy-mk2-fuse-information-circuit-and-rating/

i think its fuse 32 you most likely want, though fuse 2 is also indicated to do with the doors as well. But if yours is a later mk2 (after 2006) it may be different.

Door wires is the first place to start looking though as you already suspect.

Be careful when putting the fuse back in - the car might try to lock itself, so keep the keys to hand just in case (And I wouldn't leave them in the car if you don't have someone in the car able to open the doors just in case).

Thanks Brian. I found a post where someone mentioned fuse 27. Mine had a 25 amp fuse in it rather than the 5 amp I was expecting. Have pulled it anyway and can now lock all doors manually, but haven't driven the car yet (I use it as a camper) so not sure if something else might not be working. Will have a look at 32 and the other forum too.

Cheers

Bruce.

From what I remember on the mk1 when i had that problem, it knocked out some other functions - the instrument cluster being one of them, it would reset every time you started the car (so trip counter was reset every time you took the key out) I think it may effect other functions as well, so best to put it back in when your driving it at least.

Broken wires in the door gaiters are common on these, so you'd be well advised to check when you have the chance to do so as you don't want a wire managing to short out to something.