1.6 Ecoboost Hesitation And Noise Under Acceleration

Hi,

I have a 2011 1.6 ecoboost which is intermittently hesitating under acceleration. It was serviced the day before by our local garage and we asked them to look into the fault. They told us they found a fault code relating to a weakened fuel pump although they weren't overly concerned and could not simulate the fault as severely as we have seen.

The fault got worse yesterday and hesitated and then lost power. There was no engine management light present and the car cleared itself after a stop/start at the traffic lights.

We had the AA out to it last night who could not find any error codes and since the garage had likely cleared the fault history after servicing. The metallic like noise occurs under acceleration and feels a bit rough to drive. I drove it for 10 minutes last night and it did this again before the noise stopped and again felt normal under acceleration.

The AA guy suggested maybe a fault with a turbo impeller causing the noise and power loss? Although I need to find out more about why our local garage suspect a fuel pump problem, has anyone experienced a problem like this on the 1.6 ecoboost?