Is The Ford Galaxy 1.6 Tdci Zetec [Start Stop] Powerful Enough?

Some advice please.

We have booked a test drive on an early 2015 MkII Galaxy. It is a 1.6 TDCi Zetec.

We had been planning to go for a 2l but saw a tempting deal. Now we are wondering if this 1.6L is going to be powerful enough.

We will do all sorts of driving. In the city, on the motorway, sometimes 5 people with a full luggage load going on holiday.

Will we find the acceleration is just not there with a 1.6 and will it put extra strain on the engine shortening it's life?

It is £2000 more for a similar age/mileage 2.0l but would rather pay that if need be.

I just can not find any reviews.....

Thanks all ;o)

Some advice please.

We have booked a test drive on an early 2015 MkII Galaxy. It is a 1.6 TDCi Zetec.

We had been planning to go for a 2l but saw a tempting deal. Now we are wondering if this 1.6L is going to be powerful enough.

We will do all sorts of driving. In the city, on the motorway, sometimes 5 people with a full luggage load going on holiday.

Will we find the acceleration is just not there with a 1.6 and will it put extra strain on the engine shortening it's life?

It is £2000 more for a similar age/mileage 2.0l but would rather pay that if need be.

I just can not find any reviews.....

Thanks all ;o)

You might get more luck in the mk3 area - the mk2 is the 2000-2006 models with the VW chassis.

No idea otherwise. Sorry

my advice,test drive the 1.6 1st then the 2ltr.and if possible more then just 15mins in each.

few years back i had to endure a zafira 1.6 on hire,and that was nowhere as big as a galaxy.GUTLESS wonder.you really had to press the pedal to get it to move.