Removing Washer Bottle

cwarburton

Hi,

I currently have a problem with my windscreen washer jets not working. I've checked the jets themselves (disconnected them and blown through them) and they are fine and I can also hear the pump running. The rear wash isn't working either so I'm thinking that there is a blockage somewhere and thought I'd start at the washer bottle itself first (the water quality here isn't great and we tend to get similar blockages in the house, etc).

The washer bottle is located behind the front bumper and isn't easily accessible. Has anybody had experience of removing this at all? I'd like to do this without removing the front bumper if possible as from what I've read that is no easy job (remove engine under tray, headlights, fog lamps, parking sensors, etc).

Any tips on this would be appreciated as I'd like to get this sorted before the Winter.

Cheers,

Craig.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Craig,

Don't be making work for yourself, do you really need to take the washer bottle out. Get a piece of plastic pipe and siphon the water and crud out.

Stick a hose down the tank to blow the rubbish out. If the motor is working, fill it with warm water a let it flush the system out.

I am not sure about the mark 3, but all the mark 2's suffered with leaking rear washer pipes. Check the passenger foot well for water, the pipe runs under the door sill. It was a clever idea of a push connector that blew apart when the rear jet was blocked. Glue it together then bind it with wire, remembering to always keep the rear jet clear of polish. Finally give it a good amount of screenwash to stop it freezing in the winter, hope this helps.

ps. go to the general area of this site and have a laugh telling us where you live.