Towbar Wiring

easyjet01

Hi I have a P Reg 2.8 auto fitted with a tow-bar but N/S indicator does not work does anybody have a wiring diagram as all I can see is the buzzer (which works OK on the O/S side) any help would be appreciated. Thanks Brian.

Brian Hello and welcome to the forum.

You will have to explain a little clearer, but I assume you mean the n/s indicator does not work but the O/S is ok on the trailer ! and the indicators work

fine on the car !!

If the indicator does not work, it could be a few things, you need to first check the car is wired ok, ie Pin "1" on the socket is live when the indicator is switched on, if you have 12V (on/off) at the socket, open the plug and see if the yellow wire is connected to pin one in the plug (in fact check all connections) then at the lights on the trailer take the lens off and check the bulb (this the most likely fault,either blown or a bad earth) if these are ok, check to see if you have 12 volts at the terminal (again on/off).

http://www.motorcycle.co.uk/Reference-material/Motorcycle-Trailer-wiring-codes.aspx

Radiotwo

Edited by RADIOTWO