Speeding Entrapment

galaxytony

hi guys right before i start i know i was wrong this is not the issue.

i was caught speeding on the m11 in june (107.8mph) this is what happened i was in the outside lane. lane 3 doing about 80mph in lane 2 ahead of me was a skoda i was driving a bentley arnage 6.75ltr as i got near to the skoda it pulled out in front of me without indicating and took off at speed so i followed it for a while he then pulled back to the middle lane as i came along side him i looked over then realised he was a copper he indicated to me to pull over which i did when he asked me why i was speeding my answer was because you was to be fair he gave me a fixed penalty notice

there is a website you can ask this sort of question..buggered if i can remember it though!..its all to do with NIPS etcc.....Hopefully someone with a bigger brain than me will remember what it is called or have some advice for you..

107 eh.......cool :ph34r: ( Not that i am advocating speeding you understand.lol)

so for me to be speeding he had to be too please give me your feed back on this

I am sure there has been a couple of cases where police have been caught speeding via Gatso's and have been aquitted as they are allowed to "test the vehicle".

Legally they have a point as if you are expected to catch speeding motorists their vehicle has to be up to it and it will need to be driven at excess speeds to do this.

If you only get 3 points then I would say nothing and keep quiet as you could actually be banned for doing over a 100mph.

just a question, is there evidence of your speed?i.e...did they record it?

That's right, without video / camera evidence there is no proof that you were speeding, other than witness statements. Even with photographic evidence people have avoided prosecution by asking the police to provide an up-to-date calibration certificate for the speed measurement equipment being used. When they haven't been able to produce this, the case has been thrown out.

yes there is video evidence hopefully the fixed penalty will stand but i belive they canceled it after seeing the speed recorded and the damage of the paper part of my licence was an excuse i mean who wouldnt accept a fixed penalty at 107mph i know that it is an instant ban at 100mph or over unfortunately a bentley arnage will do 155mph+ i have tested this (on a private road of course )and will do 100mph as if doing 50mph its so smoothyou have to keep looking at the speedo to make sure that you are doing 70 or engage the cruise control as yor right foot soon goes to sleep lol :ph34r:

Unfortunately, I think you'll find it very difficult to prove entrapment. It is debatable whether or not they should have been doing that speed but you cannot defend yourself by saying that you did it because they did.

There have been cases where police officers have been convicted of speeding, having been caught on speed cameras while not on an emergency call. However, again this cannot excuse your actions in the law.

My advice would be to get a good solicitor. If you can come up with good enough reasons not to be without your car they may not ban you but the fine will increase. Or, perhaps in your defence they could use the fact that a fixed penalty notice was originally issued and this should be honoured?

what annoys me is that they did not give me the oppertunity to send my licence away to get renewed as it has been through the wash a few times i thought that when i surrenderd it would be sent to dvla to have the points put on and issue a new paper counterpart

there is a website you can ask this sort of question..buggered if i can remember it though!..its all to do with NIPS etcc.....Hopefully someone with a bigger brain than me will remember what it is called or have some advice for you..

107 eh.......cool ;) ( Not that i am advocating speeding you understand.lol)

Try www.pepipoo.com

• 2 weeks later...
And thank god you didnt kill anybody! Hope youve learned some sort of lesson?

Sorry, I dont understand this comment, is it not possible to kill some one without speeding?

Speeding is only a factor in a minority of accidents (dont take my word for it, look at the available data) despite what the publicity campaign would have you believe.

Excessive speed for the conditions may cause an accident, but excessive speed and speeding are not the same thing.

You are less likely to kill someone doing 107 mph on a quiet motorway than doing 30mph between parked cars .

Don't confuse excess speed with speeding they are not the same.

Government stats shows that speeding is responsible for less than 3% of vehicle accidents.

Excess speed is responsible for approx. 24% of accidents.

For Clarity.

Speeding in this context means exceeding the speed limit.

Excess speed means exceeding safe limit for driving conditions.

Edited by big_kev

i was in a bentley arnage doing 108 mph the police car was in front was a skoda doing the same speed did he learn his lesson aswell? what if he had a blow out ? if he hadnt been doing that speed i proberbly wouldnt have been either lets face it every one who drives cars or rides motorbikes have speeded at some time or other i defie any one to say otherwise i was on the m11 motorway and on every occasion that i have been in the bentley someone has always got to overtake me i think its got something to do with the car a lot of people are surprised at how quick this 2.5 ton car is but yes i have learnt a lesson keep an eye out for dodgy skodas on the m11 i have been driving since i was 15 i am now 42 and most of that time i have spent on the road and have driven a vast array of cars the scariest was a lambo merchialago other cars have been aston martin vanquish,ferrari marenello,spider,modena,F430, porche,rolls royce phantom,bentley gt so i think that i have had a lot of experince driving very fast cars and how to handle them how many people on here have driven at or near 100 mph on a motorway (just to test their motor out)in this day and age of technology and perfomance it is very easy to do this speed and not realise that you are untill you look down at your speedo AND MAY I ADD THAT THIS IS THE FIRST TIME THAT I HAVE BEEN CAUGHT SPEEDING as im usualy aware of what is going on around me yes it did scare me that i would lose my licence as i have had it for a long time and wouldnt know what to do with out it

glad to hear that youve learnt your lesson, and what an impressive array of cars youve driven as an ex rally driver and F3000 driver myself i know what speed can do as for the motorway and a urban area have a look at the percentage of fatals on motorways compared to urban areas per mile travelled.....interesting isnt it? Speed is ok if you know what you are doing and are driving a profesionally maintained car.

ex rally driver ehh so as you know every one should know the limit of their driving and the limits of their cars you have proberbly taken your rally cars and F3000 cars way beyond their limit i mean the bentley at 110 mph feels like about 70 mph in a ford you just dont hear the engine at all it is so smooth i always like to know what any car that i drive can do so that i can get out of trouble if it comes my way i would love to do a defensive driving course as on a couple of occasions it would have come in handy (being followed by travelers who have taken an over keen interest in the bentley)carjacking and all that

mainly young male drivers i think thats why they are raising the learning age i belive to 21 correct me if im wrong also alot of accidents are caused by drink driving/drink related i absolutly refuse to drink and drive even when i go out everyone tries to buy me a drink but i just tell them i dont drink i love my licence too much as i love driving they always say one wont hurt you but in my book one is all it takes