Vote Labour You Know It Makes Sense

big_kev

Ministers have been forced to concede that more than half of all jobs created since Labour came to power have gone to migrants. They were also forced to clarify again their figures on the number of foreign workers in the country.

On Monday night the Government had said that the number of foreign workers who had taken up jobs in Britain since 1997 was 1.1 million rather than 800,000....oops!....it now seems to be 1.5 million.

Jacqui Smith, the Home Secretary, insisted nonetheless on BBC News

I work in a factory which employs around 900 highly skilled and dedicated, well paid employees. several years ago the company started outsourcing the more menial tasks to agency workers.

For various reasons this outsourcing was accepted by the unions and the workforce. but very recently this policy has brought us to the verge of strike action as our employer attempts to outsource more and more positions within the factory. the jobs now under threat are not just the menial less skilled jobs but those of our highly trained and experienced workforce.

But this is not the reason for my post, up until 2 years ago the agency workers were almost all (if not totally) british nationals. today there are only a handful of british nationals left. The rest are a mix of european nationalities, mostly polish.

so what has happened to the 100 or so british workers they have replaced?

in our area there has been an increase in minimum wage jobs. It is an area of traditionally low unemployment and as a result employers have paid premium wages for staff (especially in manufacturing). Now with the influx of cheap foriegn labour the need to pay decent wages is gone. Agency staff are replacing traditional employees in all the local factories, and the migrant workers are flocking to the area to take up these positions. locals are struggling to find work as a result.

Local authority housing has recently been handed over to private housing associations who are filling empty properties with the migrant workforce, and private landlords are increasing their portfolios to cash in on this "boom" As a result house prices are up resulting in people being unable to get on the property ladder. Forcing them to rent and in turn fueling the buy to let market. I see a vicious circle appearing here.

Vote Labour? Not on your life mate. But not voting biscuit? You should, even if just to get a message across that the british people have had enough of subsidising europes weak links. There are alternatives to mainstream parties that may not offer a viable alternative to the current government, but a vote for them can be seen as a protest against our current regime.

Apathy will change nothing. A missed vote counts for nothing but a vote in the right place will lessen the hold of our unelected leader and his party of self serving "europeanists"

Quote-

"I cant be blamed for helping the get the incompetant pillocks into No10"

Unfortunately the exact opposite is true!

Ministers have been forced to concede that more than half of all jobs created since Labour came to power have gone to migrants. They were also forced to clarify again their figures on the number of foreign workers in the country.

On Monday night the Government had said that the number of foreign workers who had taken up jobs in Britain since 1997 was 1.1 million rather than 800,000....oops!....it now seems to be 1.5 million.

Jacqui Smith, the Home Secretary, insisted nonetheless on BBC News's Breakfast programme yesterday that the majority of new jobs had been filled "by British workers".

Later, the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) issued a clarification saying that 52 per cent of more than 2 million new jobs created since 1997 had in fact gone to migrants.

How many of these have come from Scotland? :unsure: :22: :P

On a serious note I agree totally with Tiny- If you don't vote you have no basis for complaint - In fact I'd go further and say that you are more likely to cause the wrong party to get in by not voting.

We need to change the voting system to a total number of per party votes cast rather than the current constituency system. It amazes me that less than half of the voting population can bring in a majoirty Government.

Mind you the Politicians have no interest in changing this as it is they who benefit most.

Voting..i think ive voted 3 times in my entire adult life.Not because of not wanting to but because of moving around all the time.A lady knocked on the door a week or so ago, she had the job of calling on all those who were not on the electorol roll.

All politicians are out for themselves..promise everything..deliver sweet FA.

They can all talk good, but delivering what they promise i think is harder to achieve than they think.

What i want to know is....why, when they giving you an increase in something like child ben..it doesnt happen till the next year..but when they increase tax, fuel etc...its always immediate!!..effectively the way i see it, the increase straight away pays for the increases in benefits for the next year.Meanwhile more people are driven into poverty..

One think i have found out today..the government has guidelines on how much each adult needs to live on per week..how much a child needs per week...

technically according to the government i am in the poverty bracket as according to the government i need 265 quid a week to live for myself and 4 kids.I have 263 quid a week coming in made up of child ben ( classed as income) child tax ( classed as income ) and maintenance ( classed as income), yet according to income support i have 60 quid a month too much to qualify for income support!..work that one out!..how can one government agency say i dont have enough, yet another say i get too much!! Its all bollox.I only just qualify for housing benefit and council tax benefit. My kids do not qualify for free school meals. I still have all the regular bills etc to pay for..

if i had my way i would upsticks out of this country.Its gone PC mad and its crap when the councils tell me that being homeless does not make me a priority for housing yet people of other races are.Its not the other races fault, its the flippin governments . WE should all be treated equally, but we arent..

End of rant.

God im annoyed...

and another thing..did you know that according to the government..an adult of my age ( yes it all goes on age) only needs 59 quid a week to live on????..fooking crap.the rest of the 265 quid is made up of money for the kids ( again based on age gets less as they get older) and a family element.its all bloody carp...now im really pi55ed off.

and another...remember being told that everyone will be able to open a basic bank account??..well i flippin cant!!..reason??..because that numpty got us into financial difficulties and hence a trust deed ( IVA ) which means you cant get a bloody basic bank account if you split up! now im fumeing...best i get off me soap box and smoke a pack of fags.

education...werent they going to reduce class sizes??..if so, why the hell are there 32 kids in my daughters class with one teach and one aid!...no wonder a lot of kids cant read properly...

We should value our nurses and teachers etc..but they get poxy pay rises which really undervalues them...teachers have a horrendous job these days ..this country has gone to the rats.,

all bloody crap.

ok...deep breath taken...and another...and another.......fag...another breath...sod it, im off to get a stiff drink..im just soo annoyed! its manic! i mean how can one agency say not enough and another too much! it should be the same across the board for all agencies, no wonder people are caught and stuck in the poverty trap when one says whoa too much and another says well actually you are in the poverty bracket!

well dont worry,apparently there now going to investigate whether immigrants get preferential treatment over housing,mmmm no doubt it will come back no they dont.

perhaps mum if you didnt drink like a fish or smoke like chimney or live like a nun then your be better off :19: :wub:

we live in rented accommodation and we were told(when we needed a bigger house)that we would have to wait approximately 4-5 years,and to sell our lounge furniture and turn it into bedroom,bloody amazing that it was a 2 bedroom house,i can just imagine if we had done that they wouldve then charged us property tax for a 3 bed.

another thing i found bloody strange years ago when i had no work i had to sign on and was entitled to benefits(DOLE)BECAUSE I HAD PAID MY TAX AND INSURANCE it was 1 pound more a week then social security,but if i hadnt paid my dues then i would have been entitled to the social WHICH ENTITLES YOU to free prescriptions,eye tests,dentistry etc etc,BUT THE DOLE ENTITLED YOU TO ABSOLUTELY SOD ALL,hows that work then you pay into the system then require a bit of help and then you bloody get penalized for doing it,dont pay get everything free,NOW THERES A REASON TO PAY YOUR DUES.

Hi Maz,

Nice to see you are still on the fags and enjoying the odd drink.

It's a pity you can't do it in the same place any more.

I'm sick of standing outside the pub in the p###ing rain to enjoy my night out.

o.k. all you do gooders,we shouldn't smoke,but that's my choice in life.

Why is it in places like Barcelona you walk down the street and pubs have red or green stickers in the windows for you to pick smoking or non smoking.

They send young lads to the middle east to be killed in the name of freedom, I bet they can have a fag in their bars.

Joining the UNITED STATES OF EUROPE was great way for our firms to move into Europe and make big bucks,that's why the car companies from the far east moved here,to get a back door into Europe. Now it's backfired and it's become a one way street,THE WRONG WAY.

This is your fault Maz, you got me ranting too.