What Oil Do I Put In A M3 Mondeo[duratec Engine

bigted

i have a mark 3 1.8 mondeo i have changed the oil and filter. but since i have done this when the car is under load it seems like it is pinking or the timing chain is rattling the oil i put in was for a zetec engine semi.synthetic is this the right oil or is it two thin ahyone can help :blink: please

i have a mark 3 1.8 mondeo i have changed the oil and filter. but since i have done this when the car is under load it seems like it is pinking or the timing chain is rattling the oil i put in was for a zetec engine semi.synthetic is this the right oil or is it two thin ahyone can help :ph34r: please

Take your pick:

Recommended engine oil

SAE 5W-30 Ford Formula E Economy Motor Oil ACEA A1/B1 and WSS-M2C912-A1 or WSS-M2C913-A

Alternative engine oils

SAE 10W-30 Ford Super Multigrade Motor Oil ACEA A1/B1 or A2/B2 and/or API/SH/CD EC

SAE 10W-40 Ford XR+ High-performance High-lubricity Motor Oil ACEA A3/B3 and/or API/SH/CD EC

SAE 5W-40 Ford Formula S Synthetic Motor Oil ACEA A3/B3 and/or API/SH/CD EC

If engine oils with these specifications are not available, only use engine oils which conform to specification API SH/EC (Energy Conserving) or better.

• 1 month later...
I suggest you look in your car's manual...... :wacko:

Surely you jest SK!!...most of the lads on here who have manuals dont read em..i guess its a man thing..... :lol:

As opposed to women who read the thing from cover to cover..... Then go and ask a man!!