Flood Pictures.

mumof4

I really do hope that you are all keeping safe with this weather.

Where i live just up the road is a river which has risen over 8 feet, luckily it hasnt affected me but the kids and i followed the river a wee bit and came across this....

post-3737-1185026900.jpg

The cause??..alll this..

post-3737-1185026978.jpg

post-3737-1185027219.jpg

post-3737-1185027333.jpg

post-3737-1185027457.jpg

post-3737-1185027531.jpg

post-3737-1185027608.jpg

post-3737-1185027726.jpg

oh my!!!!! glad i aint there my car would of been covered im lucky i suppose i live on a sloping road so the water rushes down the road instead of down my drive

About ten minutes walk from my house in Tewkesbury. The building in the background is Morrisons. My car was the other side of the flood with the lorry in it. I had to drive down to Cheltenham, up the M5 to Tewkesbury, swap van for car, down M5 to Cheltenham, up A38 to Tewkesbury. I also ended up going into Cheltenham to buy HP & a new laptop for SWMBO!

I took 2.5 hours to do a journey that normally takes 12 minutes. I went home, had another go at 8, another go at 10, then another go at 8 this morning. The pictures were taken at about 9:30.

I was woken at 4 by a Sea King hovering over my house!!! There are 7 in the area at the moment, plus Police & Ambulance choppers. When we were down there, the fire brigade boats were ferying people out of their houses.

Notice the Alhambra by the Bimmer? That is parked up on the banking off the road. It went a bit quiet when a team of divers went through to check each submerged car, we all thought they were empty, but we all waited for the shout.

Picture 14 shows the three cars parked on the pavement, when I'm at the lights on that road in the Sharan, the path is above my head!

I met a mate who took 17.5 hours to get home overnight, I would normally do that journey in half an hour. He had to swim through by the lorries and will probably not see his car until Monday. He mentioned flooding the engine :-)

The local school head left the school at 3pm, got home 40 minutes away at 11am. We're on standby for the school to flood, SWMBO is caretaker. I got a pump from work last night, just in case.

Edited by morticiaskeeper

Keep safe mort..As i hope all members who are having probs with the rain keep safe.Be carefull driving everyone in this weather.

The pics i took earlier are now outdated..that river has risen another 4 or 5 foot...and its going to get worse.

Keep safe mort..As i hope all members who are having probs with the rain keep safe.Be carefull driving everyone in this weather.

The pics i took earlier are now outdated..that river has risen another 4 or 5 foot...and its going to get worse.

Its only a bit rain woman, keep your hair on !

Watched TopGear earlier on UKGold....it was the one where they had to convert cars to be amphibious.

Maybe they had a premonition.

yeah i saw that one ...that was filmed at rudyard lake which is a 10 minute drive from me

• 2 months later...