How Much Tax Do I Pay

Gteuk

Just in case you throw your payslips away or you have been given an offer of emplyment and need to know your actual take home pay this site gives you the answer.

Just enter your gross pay, select yearly / monthly / or weekly it will give you a breakdown of your pay and how much NI and TAX will be payable in that time.

Tax and wage calculator

I bet that will be far too depressing for me to use :-(

I still have every payslip I have ever received and every bank statement from when I opened my account in the late 1970's. I know that since having kids, it appears that each year a greater percentage of my income disappears as tax before I get to see it (I dream of being a higher-rate tax-payer!) and I can still remember the days when VAT was 8%.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

How accurate is that calculator??..as i went on it based on my last wage chits when i was a trainee manager a few years ago..according to that calculator..i paid 33 quid a month less NI and 21 quid less tax than i should have done...

• 6 years later...

I would be depressed as well to plug in the numbers and see the truth. I would have a hard time believing that something so simple could accurately calculate taxes. The first problem is there are so many different taxes, and taxes vary from one area to the next depending on local legislation and tax laws. It would have to ask a number of questions and take a variety of options into consideration. The other aspect is that each person registers differently from the next and pays a different rate of tax depending on a number of factors. Has anyone received an accurate response from the website?

• 9 years later...

If you're looking to keep track of your finances and determine your take-home pay, Houston CPA firms can offer a variety of services to help. These firms have experienced professionals who specialize in tax preparation, accounting, and financial planning, and can provide you with the guidance and support you need to make informed decisions about your finances. Whether you need help with your personal or business finances, Houston CPA firms are there to provide the expertise and support you need to achieve financial success.

Edited by evelynwresker